Goan Seafood Curry with Cauliflower Rice
I'm a bit of a curry fan
That's a lie...... i'm a HUGE curry fan
I enjoy trying different cultures cuisines. Variety is the spice of life and all that.
This dish is amazing, especially if you love fish as much as I do.
It's also very simple to make and follow.
Here's what you need:
- 1 shallot (finely diced)
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- ½ tablespoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 30 – 40g ginger finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon of coriander seeds (dry roasted and ground) You can just buy ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds (dry roasted and ground) you can just buy ground cumin
- 1 can coconut milk (real coconut milk only such as Biona, ingredients should contain coconut and water and nothing else)
- 100ml full fat double cream
- 1 tablespoon tamarind paste
- 4 x 50g salmon
- 4 x 50g sea bream fillet
- 4 x 50g monk fish
- 8 mussels
- 200ml chicken stock
- Salt to taste
Please note: fish can be changed, I used sea bass instead of bream and added prawns instead of mussels)
Putting it all together:
In a sautee pan add a teaspoon of butter and start to sweat off chopped shallot without colour.
Now add garlic and ginger and sweat for a further minute then add all the spices.
Add mussels and the stock, place on the lid and steam mussels until shells open.
Remove mussels from pan, allow to cool, then take meat out of shells.
Reduce cooking liquor by half and then add coconut milk, cream and tamarind paste and reduce until thickened.
Finally add fish in this order (Monkfish, salmon, bream, prawns and the mussel meat)
Poach until all fish is cooked.
I also promised you some cauliflower rice.....
Cauliflower rice is a good alternative to have from time to time rather than rice.
It's so simple to make and you can add loads to it for even more flavours.
Here's what you need to do:
- Add a good generous amount of cauliflower to a blender and blitz for a few seconds until ground down.
- Heat a pan with a knob of butter or coconut oil
- Add a chopped shallot and garlic and fry until soft. (you could add chopped peppers and chillies as well)
- Add the blitzed cauliflower to the pan and cook until just starting to go golden all over then serve.
Inside my online coaching programmes not only do you receive an entire training programme to help you burn fat and build lean muscle you are also given 30+ days of example meal plans, nutrition guidelines to help you swap in and out foods that you dislike and like. Plus a ton of coaching around nutrition to help educate you.
Nothing wrong with learning a few things while transforming your body
As well as this you'll also gain access to a ton of recipes just like the one above.
Start your total body transformation by joining my 90 Day Fitter Body Online Plan here:
http://www.kebofit.com/90-day-online-programme (bodyweight & kettlebell workouts)
Coach @ KEBOfit
Not ready to commit? That's cool you can still get my FREE 'Lean For Life' Manual and join thousands of busy men & women who are getting back into great shape, improve their health and feel more confident about themselves without having to turn their life upside down.
Pop your details in the box below and i'll send you a copy.