10 Tummy Fat Fighting Foods To Add To Your Shopping List
I get asked a fair bit about what foods are good for shrinking the tummy.
The fact is though is that there are an abundance of foods out there that we should be eating due to their nutritional properties but I just can't write a blog post about them all.
It'll be a long and boring blog post if I attempted to do that.
So I've chosen just 10 that you should add to your shopping list each week.
Lets get started shall we?
1. Avocado These are loaded with fibre, which helps keeps you feeling satisfied and prevents hunger, as well as monounsaturated fats, which actually help to kind of spot reduce belly fat. Awesome!
2. Healthy oils Such as coconut oil and olive oil (don’t over heat this oil though), which actually help you to burn fat, by giving your body the healthy fats necessary to burn body fat.
3. Cinnamon This has been found to contain a type of antioxidant that increases insulin sensitivity, and helps to stabilize blood sugar, which means you'll store less fat. Bonus. Load up with a teaspoon of this in your diet each day by adding it to gluten free oats, pancakes, drinks, or anything else! You can even mix it up with a little coconut oil and just eat it like that as a little pre training snack. 4. Belly fat busting veggies Such as broccoli, cauliflower, kale, sprouts (YUM) and cabbage contain something called indole-3-carbinol, which actually helps us to fight environmental oestrogens and xenoestrogens which can lead to belly fat accumulation. Creating greens drinks would be a good way to get the veggies in as well.
5. Beans No, beans DOESN'T mean HEINZ! However, black beans, pinto, adzuki, navy beans and lima (not just from Peru) beans all provide your body with a pile of fibre which not only helps you feel fuller for longer, but actually helps your body to detoxify itself and process all the crap that's been getting in the way of your next belt hole for so long.
6. Berries Like strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, and anything else ending in berries, are very low sugar fruits, provoking much less on an insulin response than many others such as our best friend the banana. They're also packed full of fibre which helps them provide a slower release of energy, and on top of all that they are loaded with vitamins that can help eliminate cravings (cravings can actually come from vitamin and mineral deficiencies believe it or not - for a non-scientific example, just look at someone on a processed food filled diet, and see how much they crave even more crap!)
7. Spicy foods Capsaicin is the active ingredient in chili peppers and chilli powder, and has been shown to increase calorie-burning, stabilise blood sugar levels, and thus reduces fat storage. It's also a potent antioxidant and so helps fight free radicals doing damage in your body too.
8. Salmon (not the crappy processed stuff in a can) this is the ultimate belly fat fighting food, as its packed sky high with protein and belly fat fighting omega-3. Most people are deficient in omega-3 (and actually eating up to 20 times too much omega-6), and by ensuring you're getting a good loading of omega 3 each day, you can really begin to nail into your belly fat stores. Don’t like fish? Hit a high quality omega 3 supplement 2-3 times a day (liquid is best, not caps).
9. Meat Yup, good ole fashioned meat. Packed with protein, fresh, quality meat sources are a must if you are to fight belly fat. Organic beef actually contains something called CLA, which has been shown by studies to burn fat. Another bonus with protein is that when you eat it, your body will actually burn up to 30% of its calories after you eat it! Bonus.
10. Eggs (not battery) These are nutrient dense love machines when it comes to shifting fat. loaded with protein, vitamins B6, B12, A, D, E, and K, foliate, choline, lutein, calcium, iron, phosphorus, zinc, and omega-3 fatty acids, these things give you so much bang for your buck it's unreal!
If you can consistently eat real wholesome nutritious food 80% of your week just like some of those named above you can allow yourself 20% wiggle room to enjoy foods that are not necessarily on the plan.
It's called being human and by doing it this way you will not grow to resent this lifestyle like most diets can.
I hope you found this useful
Coach @ KEBOfit
Start your own total body transformation with my 90 Day Fitter Body Online Plan here:
http://www.kebofit.com/90-day-online-programme (bodyweight & kettlebell workouts)
Not ready to commit? That's OK you can still get my FREE 'Lean For Life' Manual and join thousands of busy men and women who are getting back into amazing shape, improving they're health and feel more confident about themselves again without having to turn they're lives upside down to do it.
Pop your details in the box below and i'll send you a copy.