Sh-amazing fillet of steak on a vegetable rosti with a red wine jus
I'm a big foodie.
Generally through the week I keep my food super simple as it suits my busy lifestyle, the kids, an online and offline business keeps me on my toes.
So it's the whole meat and veg/salad type thing usually. Simple, real, tasty and quick to make.
But when the weekends come and I have more time, I like to put more time and effort in.
Today I want to share with you my fillet steak and red wine jus recipe.
Oh my days...... it's amazing.
The ingredients i'm about to give you will serve 4.
- 4 x fillet steaks
- sea salt and pepper
- knob of kerrygold butter
- 1 clove garlic crushed/chopped
Red Wine Jus
- 400ml beef stock
- 100ml red wine
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon ground almonds or cornflour
- 1 medium carrot and 1 medium parsnip, grated
- 1 large sweet potato, grated
- 200g pumpkin, grated (optional)
- 1 large potato, grated
- 2 shallots, chopped
- sea salt, pepper and a pinch of nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 bunch of rocket or spinach, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of caraway seeds (optional)
Here's what you need to do:
1) Pre-heat the oven at 170 degrees.
2) Prepare the rosti first by mixing all the vegetables together in a bowl with the olive oil, then place on a paper lined baking tray and bake for 10 minutes at 170.
3) After 10 minutes, remove the vegetables from the oven and let cool slightly and squash the mix by hand, adding salt, pepper, nutmeg and caraway seeds. The starches should hold the mixture together.
4) Hand shape into palm sized patties and place back on baking paper. Then bake for around 10 - 12 minutes before serving.
5) Rub the steaks with salt and pepper. Melt the knob of butter and garlic in a frying pan, add the steaks and cook to your liking (5 mins each side for medium, depending on thickness of steak)
6) To make your jus, brown the diced onion with butter or olive oil in a pan or small pot.
7) Add red wine and small sprig of rosemary, reduce slightly. Add the stock and reduce slightly again.
8) Thicken with ground almonds or cornflour.
9) Strain through a sieve, check the seasoning
10) Plate up.... place the rosti onto the plate, fillet steak on top and spoon the jus over the top of the steak
A nutrient-rich meat and vegetable meal, full of iron, protein and a super secret way to serve those veggies that most kids will love as well.
Coach @ KEBOfit
P.S. Not ready to commit? No problem you can still get 20 AWESOME Kettlebell Workouts that you can follow from home here >> http://www.kebofit.com/