The Best Coconut Chicken Curry
If you love a curry then you have to try this....
My Coconut Chicken Curry is a definitely a winner at my house, especially when the kids have the usual dislikes
to certain meat's and veg..... put a tasty sauce on it and it changes the game, who knew?
I only have to mention that i'm cooking coconut chicken and they erupt into whoop whoop's around the house and then the kitchen dancing begins.
Anyhoo, I want to share this curry recipe that get's the kids kitchen dancing with you, it's very simple to make and to be fair once you have a lot of the ingredients in the cupboard, you're good to go anytime.
This is a firm favourite with my online coaching clients inside my Online Plan
Coconut Chicken Curry Recipe
You will need:
- 300ml coconut milk
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tbsp (optional) dried chilli
- 2 tbsp ground almonds
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 2 tsp cumin
- 4 chicken breast fillets (chopped into chunks)
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 4 tbsp frshly chopped coriander
How to get the job done:
1) Mix the coconut milk with the chilli, almonds, turmeric, garam masala, cumin and 1 tbsp water, add the chicken and coat the pieces then cover with cling film and refrigerate for 1 hour to marinade. (You can also just cook without refrigerating)
2) Cook the onions and garlic in 1 tsp of coconut oil until soft
3) Remove the chicken from the marinade and add to the pan with the onion and garlic. Cook for a further 2 - 3 minutes, covered over a low heat. Add the rest of the marinade and the remaining coconut oil and cook for 15 - 20 minutes.
4) Stir in the fresh coriander and serve.
Top Tip: Overcook, so perhaps double the ingredients and save for another day.
There you have it a tasty coconut chicken curry fully loaded with good ole real nutritious food.
Coach @ KEBOfit